DO I NEED A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
If a person is involved in an accident, any accident, often the first question asked, after tending to medical needs, is: “do I need a personal injury attorney to help me?”
The answer is a “yes,” and “no.”
YES: GET A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY FOR YOUR ACCIDENT
- If your injuries are serious, such as broken bones, loss of consciousness, head and brain injury, you need to speak with an accident attorney. These types of injuries require significant compensation for medical bills, lost income, loss of enjoyment of life, and for long term and serious pain.
- If your pain from injuries is serious and lasting, you need to speak with an accident attorney. Even if there are no broken bones, whiplash car accident injuries can and do cause long lasting pain. These are real injuries and they require physical therapy and other medical treatments. You didn’t have pain before, but now you do, an accident attorney will fight to get you compensation for what another driver did to negatively change your life.
- If your injuries will cause you to miss work and you will lose income. Insurance companies are very reluctant to pay lost income to accident victims. A personal injury attorney helps get documentation, evidence, and witnesses necessary to show and prove a person lost income due to an accident.
Only a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney knows the value of your losses, and can present them to insurance companies in order to obtain all the compensation a personal is entitled to.
NO: YOU DO NOT NEED A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
- The accident is minor and you did not injure yourself very seriously. A bump or bruise is an injury, but not one where you would need an attorney. Most of the time an insurance company will provide some minimal compensation for the hassle of being in an accident caused by their insured.
- Major accident, but only minor, or no injuries. It’s possible, though not probable, that a person is involved in a major auto collision where cars are total wrecks, but through good fortune the person is not injured. In such a situation, the insurance companies are usually very good about paying for damage to cars, and will offer a little more in personal injury compensation for the hassle and inconvenience of being in a crash.
Personal injury attorneys at the Riverside and Orange County offices of The Roberts Law Firm will talk to you about your case and help you make an informed decision as to whether or not you need an accident attorney. In many situations, the accident attorneys at The Roberts Law Firm will help guide a person through the process of making their own claim so the injured person can maximize the compensation from an insurance company without having to pay any attorney’s fees.